I am a funeral celebrant: this role a huge privilege. I have an absolute commitment to work with bereaved families to create the funeral ceremony, which is just right for them. I’ll listen to what you want, and help to create something fitting, to mark the life of your loved one. A sensitive and personal funeral can often provide comfort and support.
I’ve worked in the past at Manchester University and Stockport Register Office. Such life experiences all contribute to my current role.
I live in Stockport and work in Manchester and north-east Cheshire.
People like what I do – these are examples of what people have said:
- “A heartfelt Thank You for conducting Dad's service today. You made it so personal and were kind and gentle…”
- “I have never attended a service like yesterday, and it was so beautiful and so Aunty K--”
- “We shall never forget the beautiful way you ran L--’s funeral ceremony. Attendees are still saying what a beautiful event it was”
- “From start to finish, Ruth held my hand and steered me through the tricky, and painful process of saying goodbye. She was truly wonderful, and I will forever be grateful for her help, support and love. Thank you with all my heart Ruth”
- “Thank you for the script Ruth....and being so lovely...you did my mum proud. What a great send off and celebration of her life.”
- personal visit in advance of the funeral
- writing the ceremony script
- preparing of the schedule of the ceremony, to include all contributors
- leading the funeral ceremony
I would like to thank you for carrying out the service for my brother. I do appreciate the time and effort you put in to capture his true character and spirit and this was certainly conveyed in the funeral service. As expected, it was emotional but it was a very touching, personal tribute to his life and everyone said how lovely the service was.